Is this normal 5 months after baby? adult content

My first LO will be 5 months next week. I'm still leaking discharge - it's kind of yellow, but it doesn't smell or anything. I ended up with a c-section due to lack of education, but I think everything is fine. Unfortunately, I don't currently have medical insurance because I went down to part-time with my job, but we still make too much for Medicaid.

*TMI* Also, on a side note, it seriously hurts when my husband tries to penetrate. We've attempted a total of 3 times since LO was born and I really can't handle it. I feel terrible, and although I just do him by hand, it's not the same.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Or is there something wrong that I may need to figure out how to pay the doctor for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Health

• Sounds like a yeast or bacterial infection. Go see your GYN and get some meds. Probably not related to your C-section at all.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 1:19 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Side note: If it IS related to your C-Section, and you were covered under insurance FOR your C-Section, then the visit is pertaining to the procedure and SHOULD be covered under the insurance you had at the time of the procedure....it would be considered "continuing care"....ask your doctor about it!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:45 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• NO! I never heard of that 5 MONTHS AFTER!!! are u breastfeeding? But I would call my doctor in the morning to be sure. hope all is well.
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 11:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• sorry your doc.
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 11:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I am breastfeeding, which I know makes things "down there" a little drier. But even with plenty of lubricant, it hurts...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Yeah, call ur doctor. Their could be an infection but, not to sure. I had something like that after i had sex for the first time after i had my 1st baby. and they gave in yeast infection meds.
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 12:02 AM on Nov. 29, 2010