HOW CAN I GET MY DAUGHTER TO SIT ON THE POTTY?SHE HATES IT!

MARABABYCAKES06

Asked by MARABABYCAKES06 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Either stop pushing it, or get a smaller seat. You can either use a potty chair, or just get a smaller seat at a place like Walmart. It may be that she's not comfortable on it. I think the small seats are like 9 or 10 dollars and they just sit on top of your regular seat. Praise her when she sits on it even if she doesn't do anything.
    Central_IL_Mom

Answer by Central_IL_Mom at 10:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• does she use the bathroom on the potty .
    amandamoldon

Answer by amandamoldon at 2:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i say that cause my son doesnt sit on the potty when he use the bathrrom he actly sits like a frog its so funny
    amandamoldon

Answer by amandamoldon at 2:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• stop pressing the issue...she will do it when she is ready..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• HAHA my son looks like a frog too that funny! but anyways the way we got my son potty trained was everytime he went potty we gave him a sucker, then every time he would make a stinky we gave him a toy. We had a hard time with the poop thing so we went to the store bought like 5 toys we showed him the first one and then we wrapped the others, so it was a surprise to him. It worked great!
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Stop pushing the potty issue for a while. Take her with you when you go and let her watch. When she begins showing an interest in the potty begin taking her to the potty regularly. Pushing the issue will only make her more resistant.

DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2008