I had my scan last week and the radiologist told me that i was 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant but my baby seems to be about 5 and half weeks size. I have another scan tomorrow. I haven't had any signs of miscarraige so far. What does this mean? I am so confused. What is going to happen?

Vanshi

Asked by Vanshi at 12:02 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• dont worry! you can have a scan in one examination room and the computer says one thing and then have a scan the same day in the next room and the computer tells something different!! go by your dates if you know them. but at this point, positive thinking and relaxation is the best thing for you and your baby! congrats!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 12:09 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Those things are always off by a week or two. It shows a heartbeat, then RELAX!
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 1:14 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Ditto above, as long as there is a heartbeat then you have nothing to worry about. Some babies are small, even this early and since there is such a small difference in the size of a 5 week baby and a 7 week baby, I wouldn't worry about it unless you have been told that there is a problem.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:36 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Don't worry. I thought I was pregnant in December because I hadn't had a period but I wasn't testing positive. I tested and retested at home and at the Dr. office. Then in February I did test positive. I thought well maybe the hormones just hadn't kicked in as fast this time. The Dr.s went by my last cycle and told me I was due Sept 3rd. Then I get my ultrasound and they say nope, you're due Sept. 30th! The baby is measuring small. Same thing on the next ultrasound. They found all the parts they were looking for and more. With all the measurements they take they would know if something was wrong. Turns out, ultrasound was right. I didn't deliver until the 29th. I would have went into October if I hadn't induced. So if the Dr.s aren't worried I wouldn't worry either. I know its hard not to sometimes, but relax, take a deep breath. Everything will be fine.
    kissesbymom

Answer by kissesbymom at 9:41 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• It doesn't mean much. It could mean you are not as far along as you thought, or that baby is on the smaller size. Most likely, it means nothing, or that you're not as far along as you thought.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• That is weird, because usually they go by the baby's measurements to tell you how far along you are. Even though it doesn't make any sense, they claimed I was 51/2 weeks at my first ultrasound which would mean I conceived on the 28th day of my cycle. Not sure how the is even possible, but I didn't question it. They will normally go by the ultrasound measurements for your due date.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2010