Autism

What are some symptoms of autism in a 2.5 year old? Sometimes I wonder if my son has it, but other days I don't think he does. We just moved an haven't found a new doctor yet. Once we do I plan o get him tested. If you have 2.5 year old that is autistic, how do they act on a daily basis?

Apple_Pie2010

Asked by Apple_Pie2010 at 12:08 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Autism is a spectrum disorder. There isn't just one way they act since some cases are more severe than others. You would have to run his symptoms by the doctor. There are also a lot of websites that are more reliable than cafe mom to help you with autism.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 1:06 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• autismspeaks.org or

http://helpguide.org/mental/autism_signs_symptoms.htm

There are soo many different levels of autism one might not act like another. My son is diagnosed with asbergers which is on the autistic spectrum, and every day is different.
    Check those websites out if you have concerns, I would get a ped as soon as possible and they should be able to schedule your testing with a specialist. Good luck hun
    joscelyne

Answer by joscelyne at 12:12 AM on Nov. 30, 2010