cramping while peeing after delivery

I am 2 weeks postpartum and I am cramping when i pee. no other times....just then. it doesnt burn.....or hurt otherwise...just the cramps. what could be going on. I am still having a little bleeding also, and there have been a few tiny clots, nothing to be worried about, just the stringy kind.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• totally normal, if ur 2 weeks in, give it about another week, it won't stop but it will definitely happen a lot less often. its ur uterus. its shrinking back down from supersized and it may be a bit painful at first. time's the charm.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• i had the same thing but you may want to drink some extra water...could be your kidneys wanting to be flushed out...also, if you had a vaginal birth, the muscles you use while peeing took a beating as well so they may be sore for a while...try peeing while standing up a little....i peed standing up for at least 6 or 7 weeks
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 12:20 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Normal. All of those muscles are just trying to get back to normal. Give it another week or two. I know, this is one of those things they don't tell you about ahead of time! If it doesn't get better in a week or two, call your doc.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:26 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Totally normal. If it's still going on when you go for your checkup I would mention it, but it's just that your muscles are healing and your uterus is shrinking. Also, as your bladder empties your uterus will shift and put more pressure on it. Try laying down and massaging your uterus after you urinate to help it shrink and get back to where it needs to be.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:46 AM on Nov. 29, 2010