toddlers, picky eaters. advice?

so my twins are about 15 months and they are such picky eaters... this morning they wouldn't eat breakfast... they wouldn't really eat anything for lunch... and taden wouldn't eat dinner (tyler ate a bunch of dinner) but a few hours later at around 7 they were SO hungry they were so cranky im like, what in the world is going on with you and then i realized omg they must be starving and sure enough i put them in their highchairs with some more dinner (different food this time, noodles and spagetti sauce which they LOVE) and they ate a tonn with out any noise or throwing of food. thats how hungry they were

i'm guessing its a phase and all but what can i do so they eat more at each meal they were SO crabby today

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:17 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd is a picky eater too. Dr told me to put her on pediasure. So now I get it through WIC. Just an idea. Hope you find a solution to your picky eaters.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 12:21 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• thats a great idea thanks<3
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 1:27 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• my son is the same way!! what i do is give my son things he loves for breakfast and lunch, then give him dinner a little later (so he's more hungry.. and willing to try new things!) and even though he still wont eat veggies, he's still eating A LOT more than he used to. OR, you could feed them dinner earlier.. and nothing else before bed, that way they are more hungry in the morning and willing to try new things!
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 1:34 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• using an alternative such as pediasure is a great idea to make sure they are getting nutrients, plus a liquid vitamin. BUT to make sure they dont stick with eatting only one perticullar food or foods - what I did - was introduce new foods as snacks not for major meals. I also did it as a fun way to play, like with diced up tomatoes- my kids had fun squishing them and would try bites every now and then, and now my kids will eat anything!! lol but also try a new food every week - that way you can weed out allergies as well. if you give them 4 new things in one week and bam! one gets an allergy to it, you would know what did it!
    Tonesgirl

Answer by Tonesgirl at 12:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2010