Dealing with family issues adult content

SiL is unmarried and 5-months pregnant. This is the second time this year she's been pg and the 3rd boyfriend of the year. This one is in jail for robbery, unpaid child support and 15 counts of driving without a license. My MiL and FiL expect us to act like this isn't a bad thing, but I know the rest of the family would freak out if they knew. When baby-daddy gets out, I don't want him around my kids. How would u deal with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would simply not have him around my children. It is a simple equation really.
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 12:21 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If you don't want him around then don't. Follow your instincts. You're there to raise and protect your family and if your in-laws are unhappy with that, that is their problem. They should respect your decision.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Let her lead her own life, but don't allow her near your family. Sorry if that is harsh, but you certainly don't need her dragging in dead beats and losers
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 12:24 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• The problem is that my in-laws expect us to treat him like nothing happened at all... SiL is not like the rest of their family. We had to hide the fact that baby daddy was in jail from them on Thanksgiving.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:24 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would let it slip to the family about his jail time, then everyone will side with you ( but I can be a bit of a bitch). Slip it into their heads to do a public record search on people they know (he will prob come up in their list and they will see what he had done)
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:34 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• sounds like it is your problem if no one else is bothered by it. good luck
    mommydown

Answer by mommydown at 12:48 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Moms know best. If you don't want them around him just make it known. If they have a problem, that would be on them.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:18 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If you dont feel comfortable with him around your kids then dont have them around him simple as that....you dont have to like your families SO's
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:05 AM on Nov. 29, 2010