Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

What do I do?

Me and my husband separated, he filled for divorce and custody of our daughter. I moved back out of state to be with my family. My husband hasn't called one time to check on our daughter. Should I call him?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (5)
  • Nope...don't call him at all. Make sure your lawyer is aware that he is not calling because if he wants custody he should be jumping through hoops right now.

    Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:22 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

  • I agree completely with the first poster. Dont worry too much, he will visits but it is very unlikely that he would get custody. As long as the child is well cared for you should be fine. Dont deny him contact, make sure he has at least one number he can call you on but don't call him. The longer you go without hearing from him, the worse he will look in court. My ex calls like 1 time a month and I just smile cause I know he will never be able to take me to court cause I would make him look so bad (my dd doesnt even remember him)

    Answer by JLS2388 at 12:31 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

  • I wouldn't call him. That's his daughter. He better figure that out on his own. He's obviously acting selfish right now. He knows where you are and your phone number? If so, balls in his court isn't it?

    Answer by Merranda09 at 12:32 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

  • He's a big boy - he can pick up a phone if he wants. If he really wanted to know how she was doing or wanted to talk to her then he can call. I wouldn't call him.n But if and when he does call I would write it down. Whenever dealing with custody I would document everything. When he calls to talk to her or find out about her, visits, everything. It's good to keep your own records of everything for court and stuff.

    Answer by Jessica45 at 10:01 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

  • Nope, all conversations at this point should be handled by your attorney.

    Answer by salexander at 10:47 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.