Kids bday party: is it rude to...

As you know, when you have a party at peter piper, c.e. cheese, ect, you pay per child or you have a party of 10 kids. So, you usually invite children based on that number. I think most mothers know this, right? So, one mom called me to RSVP and asked if her other dd could come. Of course, I said yes and had to increase the number of children and price of the party. Then, she didn't even bring her. I found it to be extremly rude. Both, asking and then not dropping her off. Just wondered if I'm wrong for thinking it was so rude.

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 12:21 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Definitely rude. If she wanted her other daughter to join the party, she should have offered to pay for her.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:23 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Definitely rude. She should have called ahead o time to let you know that she wasn't going to bring DD after all (she shouldn't have put you in that position in the first place).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:23 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• She might have been sick or something along those lines. I think it was rude the mother didn't say anything to you as to why she wasn't there.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I'ld send her a bill for the kid she rsvped, you paid for and then she left you on the lurch for.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:27 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Very inconsiderate. Most decent people would not tack on a sibling when the birthday parent was kind enough to invite the one child already. Everyone knows that party places charge per child...everywhere!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:09 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Mothers should KNOW this. If you've ever thrown a party, you know this. My kids are close together, I have NEVER assumed or asked if I could bring my other child to a party that my older son was invited to. The invitation should be clear: Jack Smith, YOU are invited to a swimming party! Not Jack Smith and siblings. It's RUDE. One gal did this at a golf party I threw and she ordered her brat a special "lunch" from the deli that went on my tab. It also upset all the other kids that didn't get a cheeseburger but were eating the pizza I'd ordered. SO RUDE. I could have smacked her.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:50 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Very rude. My kids always get mad when their siblings go to parties and they don't get to go. They get over it to.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:14 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If it were me i'd be irritated! I'm assuming you had to pay extra for a child who was never even there?? Yup, i'd be mad!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 10:14 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• It was rude. If this happens again, when someone asks, just say you really wish you could, but you are already at your limit as far as number of kids. What is even ruder is when extra kids just show up. I've had people not show up after they said they were coming, with no last minute call, and people show up after they said they weren't coming.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:57 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• She said it was for childcare purposes when she called. I only met her once before the party.
    Then she never said why she wasn't there. I didn't ask.
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 12:26 AM on Nov. 29, 2010