For Dallas/Ft.Worth moms...

Do you know of a good, racially diverse baptist or non-denominational church in DFW?

I need one that is baptist or non-denominational. Also one where the services don't go much beyond an hour. And one that is about 1/2 black - 1/2 white. I have adopted a black child (I'm white), and I'd like to find a church that he and I can attend together where the membership is mostly or at least about half black. If you're not familiar with transracial adoption, there are very important reasons for finding such a church for him. I hate to just look up all such churches in the area, and have to go to each and every one of them! So I'm hoping for some personal recommendations. Also, if you care to list why you recommend the church, that would be great too - although not necessary. Thanks so much in advance! (Oh - I live in Arlington, close to Bedford/Euless.)

Jill97

Asked by Jill97 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wish you luck! I'm in Fort Worth, and there's nothing like that around here. It's always either a "black church", or "white church".
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I just googled and here is what came up: http://www.arlingtonchurches.com/churchsearch.php
    Good luck finding a church!
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 3:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Thanks Snewo. I've been googling my little fingers off, and never came across that page! They don't indicate multi-racial or not, of course, but it's a great start.
    Jill97

Comment by Jill97 (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2010