Married for 20 years three daughter and we are talking divorce need help?

jdkkkp

Asked by jdkkkp at 12:52 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm sorry Momma. Have you tried marriage counseling?
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:53 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Have you tried therapy? Do you love him still? Can you live on your own?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:53 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• why? why divorce? why is it even an option? What is being alone going to bring you that you can not do now?
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:54 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• need more info...

Tell us more, why divorce? What is happening in your marriage that divorce would be the solution?
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 1:01 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• well honey some times u have to pray on things i believe spiritual guidence is the best mentor marriage can be challenging im 33 on my second marraige always thinking you r doing the right thing or trying to have family values or what not but sometimes you haved to just be able to communicate with that individual u have to have communication when it all boils down to it your desition making is still going to end up with what ever u and that person have decided on u know people can tell u whatever but u and that individual need to have a real one on one sitdown and just express eachother try to see if the problem can be solved come up with solutions on what u can do better or what ur hubby can do better what things u like and dont like about one another without getting offended or hurt remember marriage is supposed to be for better or worse so its not always going to be all good if u love him and its worth saving try and talk i
    mrsmccollumn

Answer by mrsmccollumn at 1:06 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Well said mrsmccollumn. I think about my divorce and things that I learned afterward. Had I known to use spiritual guidance I do feel like my marriage might have been saved.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 1:20 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Marriage takes three- the husband, the wife, and God as the foundation. I'm not sure of your situation, but having been married for 20 years already goes to show how much you two love each other, and have grown together, made memories together. Marriage counseling can really be an amazing thing. It can open up communication and help you find that spark again. All relationships have their ups and downs, it's working through the not-so-happy times that build relationships even higher and make them even stronger. Fight for it. The Love Dare from the movie Fireproof can be a helpful tool as well. If you haven't seen the movie, I highly suggest it. If you have seen it, I say watch it again. Good luck to you.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 1:42 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If you both love each other it can be saved. All marriages have their ups and downs. It is our job to keep it together. I suggest talking to a counselor or therapy. If money is the problem, go to a church and talk to a preacher. I have done that in the past, it really helped. Even if you don't go to a church I feel like any would be willing to talk to you if there was a chance to save your marriage. Good luck!!!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:04 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• wow congrats on making it 20 years mama....dont take offense to that please,im just saying most marriages dont last that long.....i would try councelling......it may work for you guys....good luck
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 3:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2010