Would you delete it to save your marriage?

Ok my dh is a weirdo he is insisting that I delete my acct from facebook man he is very against it...I want to delete only to have a peace of mind I did not know he was really serious when he told me how he felt about fb I went ahead and opened an acct just bc my family had it and I thought it was nice to pop in once in awhile but tonight he said that I am going to have to delete the acct I think its stupid the way he is acting but I can not take this arguing any longer he is blowing this way out of porportion...I just want it to end so now I am going to delete it...arg!!! yes he is insecure and jealous...arg!
Venting....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• No, because that's pathetic. I'd tell him to get the fuck over it, I use it to keep in touch with people so he just needs to leave it alone.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 1:29 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would be annoyed, but yes I would delete it to keep the peace, shut him up and save the marriage.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 1:31 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My marriage is far more important than fb, so I would delete it if he asked me to. You two can work on his insecurity issues over time, but if that is something that helps now, then I would for sure.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 1:32 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• It might be stupid, unless he has a reason to legitimately complain about you having the account. I know sometimes online infidelity can really hurt a marriage, not saying that is the case but I am willing to bet that that is what he is fearful of.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:32 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Honestly, I wouldn't. But thankfully, I don't have to worry about DH giving me that kind of ultimatum. He'd know better. ;)
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:36 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I wonder do you ever feel that he might isolate you from friends or family apart from Facebook? If he is seriously concerned about safety issues, security and privacy of Facebook, that is one thing. He should not be giving you ultimatums like that... but maybe those concerns are real for him. I could accept that. However, it is another thing entirely if this is just about wanting to be able to separate you from friends or others people socially. That would indicate a much bigger problem, in my opinion and if that is the case you should not go along with it.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:39 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If it was my marriage or facebook I would chose to delete facebook. I would discuss why he hates facebook so much though. It can cause drama but it is my primary contact for the majority of my family.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 2:43 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have deleted my facebook due to this already. I didn't mind one bit. My relationship with my husband is far more important than seeing status updates each second. There has been a lot of cheating going on, and it all revolves from facebook. Old boyfriends contacting you and sending you messages. Wives (even husbands) sending back messages that just shouldn't be exchanged. It had ended a lot of marriages. I don't think your husband is trying to keep you away from your friends and your family, I just think he's worried about old boyfriends reconnecting with you, or you trying to go back to some old lifestyle from your teenage years.
    Save your marriage, delete it. There will be one thing you just want your husband to stop, just because. Do this for him so later he can do the same kind of mind-easing favor for you one day. All you're doing is easing his mind by getting rid of it. Nothing wrong with that.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:58 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• eeh , my bf is the same way with fb yet he is on his 24/7 . idk but for the sake of the marriage id delete it as long as you can still contact your family and friends then it should be cool .
    teenmum11

Answer by teenmum11 at 2:58 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If my dh would delete his I would gladly delete mine.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 3:12 AM on Nov. 29, 2010