Doing a Nice non tradtional diner for Christmas, any ideas?

I know I want apitizers, salad, main dish, maybe a soup, and a desert. I am looking for lots of taste, trying to keep the dairy products, and yeast to a minimum (family with allergies) some kind of drink for the kids and something for the adults
Any kind of meat, is a plus.
Thank you for your ideas

1nglmom3

Asked by 1nglmom3 at 2:03 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Barbecued ribs, on the grill. Cole slaw, lemonade, iced tea, hot dogs, baked beans, apple pie, ice cream, fruit salad. Anything we normally eat on a summer holiday would be great right now.
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 2:22 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• RIBS! AND ICED TEA!!
    1nglmom3

Comment by 1nglmom3 (original poster) at 2:33 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• FRUIT SALaDS..shrimp platter...sparkiling juices for the kids maybe..ham and turkey tray
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 10:06 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I like a standing prime rib roast for Christmas, with a tasty cabernet savignon. You can get pretty inventive with the sides ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• One year my mother and I decided to do spaghetti, with ground turkey meatballs and played up the red and green peppers, we had salad as a side, and garlic bread everybody luv-ed it. Very filling, we ate early in the day.
    jdjamm

Answer by jdjamm at 5:29 AM on Sep. 29, 2012