Potty training?

My 30 months old baby boy is been potty training since he was 20 months haha, and its been a challange cause he was doing great till he decide to don't accept to go and do poop in the potty. He is doing good with the pee. I just read a book that toll me about don't make a big deal about this anymore and just wait till he decide to have a poop in the potty. Also suggest about changing the pull-up or the underwear in the bathroom and put the poopy in the potty. Looks like is working cause yesterday he was like with the face that he was doing something and I ask him if he wants to poop and he aswer me YES!! so I take him to the potty and he was open to try and do it. And really works!!! But still looks like we still have accidents after that specially when he is wearing pants too.
How are your little ones doing in potty training? Any suggestion to do about the poopy fear? Thanks a lot :).

Betukamom

Asked by Betukamom at 2:32 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son has been fully potty trained since right before his 3rd birthday. He's done AMAZING so far. No accidents, ALWAYS wakes up at night to go potty. He's done wonderful with it.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:44 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• my daughter is the same way we are still trying to get her fully poopy trained and she is 4 grrr. I dont know what I am doing wrong I just wanted you to know you are not the only one. At least she is trying now even though she had an accident just yesterday :(
    April_5

Answer by April_5 at 5:35 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• We had the same problem with our daughter and at 4 she was still not going poop in the potty. Pee was no problem at all and we mentioned it to her pediatrician at her 4 year check up. He suggested that we buy something that she really really wanted and put it somewhere that she can see but not reach. Tell her that after a couple of days of going poop in the potty without problems she can have it. Then when she goes for a week after that she could go choose something from the store herself. Within 3 days we had no accidents at all and she was pooping on the big potty [with her little seat securely in place on top]. I'll never forget about 2 days later when she asked to go to the restroom while in the store and its been perfect ever since.
    MumaSue

Answer by MumaSue at 5:59 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My daughter will be 3 next month and she will not go poop in the potty either. I have tried to leave her in the poopy panties but she just takes them off and then wants to take a bath. We only used pull ups at night and now we don't at all. Panties ONLY! I don't have any adivce just saying YOUR NOT ALONE
    TiffanyPlew

Answer by TiffanyPlew at 9:23 AM on Nov. 29, 2010