scoliosis and pregnancy

does having scoliosis cause any complications at all? im 7 months pregnant and never did think about the fact i had it. I have known since i was 12 im border lind of surgery. Im scared im gonna have a problem. im starting to get extreamly bad back pains, almost to where i just cant deal with it. Is this something i should bring up to my ob? if so how and what do i say?

MadisonsMom303

Asked by MadisonsMom303 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i would. let them know that you are in pain. they can help.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 2:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• You didn't have to give a history when you met with your doctor the first time?

ANY pre-existing condition must be discussed - absolutely. Tell your doctor!!!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:14 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Is the pain in your low back, almost near your tail bone? I have scoliosis and had sharp, intense pain around my tail bone during the entire 1st trimester of my pregnancy with my daughter. I was told it was sciatica and that it didn't normally occur until the 3rd trimester - but I was just lucky! If this is like your pain, try heating pads and tylenol. also, going to a chiropractor or physical therapist could help alleviate your pain. if it is sciatica, it just goes away on its own - when it feels like it.
    otherwise, I am unsure of any other issues that scoliosis could cause for pregnancy. I had an easy delivery with my daughter.
    and i wish you the same!
    feel free to pm me if you'd like to know more about sciatica or to just talk
    madisonsmomma26

Answer by madisonsmomma26 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i HAVE IT TOO, THE WORST THING IS THE BACK ACHES.I ALSO BROKE MY TAIL BONE IN 2007, SO W/ THIS PREG.I THINK IT'S GOING TO BE WORSE...
    Anonymous