I want to celebrate my sister's death

Would I be going overboard to have a party and ask friends to celebrate her life with me?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 3:14 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I lost my sister and it would not work for me that is a quiet day that my family and i mourn. But if you celebrate her life that is awesome too. Happy birthday to your sister.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 4:00 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have personally been to two "celebrations of life" or "birthday celebrations" for friends and family members who have passed away. The first one was actually 1 year after my uncle died and I thought it was very strange (only because I had never heard of such a thing). I wasnt even planning on going because I thought it was soooo WRONG...but I was sooo glad that I went. it was a wonderful experience and I sort of found "peace" in sharing our memories of my uncle and celebrating his life (and not concentrating on his death). I realized that talking about loved ones who have passed keeps their "spirit" alive and I think it is a wonderful idea!

aboutmygirls

Answer by aboutmygirls at 4:42 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If you want to celebrate your sister than go right on ahead and do it. The Bible does say rejoice when there is a death and cry when there is a birth.
    soon2bmmy

Answer by soon2bmmy at 6:09 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I think that would be a great way to honor your sister. When my brother in law died I had balloons made up and we each launched one of them with a personal note on it for him to read and we had a drink in his honor and we went out to eat. We shared memories and heartache, laughs.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:15 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I think it would be WONDERFUL. My Mom died not long ago and I think I may do the same for her.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:58 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If I passed away I would want my family to do that ....

I think it could be helpful and a great way to feel better instead of taking a day to mourn
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 7:53 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I think that is a wonderful idea!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 8:03 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with it. I would think that she would want you to remember her and smile so i would think that would make her happy to.
    kevsmom5410

Answer by kevsmom5410 at 8:23 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• .¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸i think thats a wonderful idea..there is nothing wrong with it at all..happy birthday to your sister...god bless your family.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 9:27 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If you are ok with it go for it! Celebrate her life!
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 9:44 AM on Nov. 29, 2010