what does your newborn sleep in?

I put him in swaddle me blanket, but not sure if that's enough

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 4:09 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We had our little girl in a onsie and then a swaddle blanket.
    MumaSue

Answer by MumaSue at 5:13 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• We also just had a onsie and blanket on our son. If we put anything more on him he would start sweating like crazy but loves to be papoosed.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 6:25 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• when it was cold outside I would have a REALLY thin sleeper and the swaddle blanket. or a heavy onsie and socks with the swaddle blanket... I had to break her of the swaddle blanket at 2 1/2 to 3 months.. she started rolling at 2 and would roll all over the bed in her swaddle blanket and i was affraid he head wold get cought somehow... but I LOVED that swaddle blanket, I miss it! lol (she is 4 months know)
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:45 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My kids always slept in a onesie tshirt underneath a sleeper. (once they were past being swaddled, if they were swaddled then just a sleeper.

Answer by missanc at 9:41 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• for the ones born in winter - a long sleeved onesie, long socks that came all the way over her thighs, and a thick sleep sack, or a regular onesie and socks and a warm sleeper, plus a light blanket over her if it was really cold. over heating a baby at night is one of the potential causes of SIDS - it is better for them to be on the cool side than plenty warm.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:27 AM on Nov. 29, 2010