what temperature do you put at home for the baby?

Doc told me to turn it up to 70degree for the baby. I normally have it at 62 or 64, my bill is going to be high this month. What's your temperature at home?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 4:15 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never changed the temp of the house when my DD's where babies. I would just dress them warmer.

Answer by louise2 at 4:21 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• hubby likes it cold in the house at night even if it's cold outside, then he'll wake up in the morning and complain that he's cold lol.

anyway i also just dress the kiddo's warmer and turn the fans off in their room if it's cold outside. btw our usual temp in this house is 75-77 during the day depending on how hot it is outside (florida) and he turns it down to 73 at night. if im freezing i set the heat to 74. i personally would be shivering my butt off if it were on 62-64!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:10 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Our house is set between 74-76 during the winter and 80 during the summer. I also would be shivering my butt off at 62-64 because that's what I do when the thermostat has a fit and resets itself to default which is 64.
    MumaSue

Answer by MumaSue at 7:22 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• usually we have ours set to 66/68 but with the baby this year it is pretty much 70. yes the bill is going to be higher this year but I don't want her to get to cold. even dressing her warmer her head and hands are exposed and they get really cold so I don't thank just that will do it..
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:41 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have mine set at 70. The heating bills are a little higher, but I wanted to make sure he was comfortable int he house.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:47 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Ours is set at 70 during the day, then drops to 68 at night.

Answer by missanc at 9:40 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• i used electric space heaters in the main room my kids were in when they were babies - the living room during the day, bedroom at night. i did not turn up the furnace for the whole house. we have always had propane furnaces, which means super low electric bills in the winter, and even having 2-3 space heaters has hardly affected our winter electric bills - just by a few dollars.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:24 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• 70-72 but remember if the thermostat is on main floor, then the upstairs will be warmer than what it's making floor 1.
    and basement would always be less warm than main floor.
    Carrie131

Answer by Carrie131 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• It's cold where I live right now. It's dropping down to 14 degrees or so, I have to have it up to 75-78 degrees. But, I'm a freeze baby I much rather make sure my son doesn't get sick.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2010