Would you have plastic surgery down there? adult content

I have just watched a program on BBC America about a rising trend in vaginal plastic surgery. Not sure how old the program was but thought it raised a few interesting questions. Docs are performing this type of plastic surgery on girls as young as 16.

1. Would you ever consider having vaginal plastic surgery for non medical reasons?
2. How would you feel if your 16 year old daughter came up to and said "Mom I hate the way my vagina looks, I want plastic surgery for it."?

I personally would never get plastic surgery there unless it was for a medical problem. I would not do it.
If my daughter at the age of 16 [she is currently 6] came up to me and asked that question I feel like I would have failed as a mother. Failed because she was so insecure of how something looked that she wants to have plastic surgery to alter it.

MumaSue

Asked by MumaSue at 6:23 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Health

• Some women have larger labia that can cause irritation and discomfort. I would have it done in that instance but for just cosmetic...nope, I rarely look at it and SO is fine with it so why mess with a good thing.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:08 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Porn stars get it done. But as long as you are of legal age, what ever turns you on...
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 6:59 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• 16 seems too young to me. However, a friend of mine had this procedure done and she couldnt be happier.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:28 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• LOL LuvMyMedic .... my thoughts exactly.
    MumaSue

Comment by MumaSue (original poster) at 6:36 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I think 16 is too young to have any plastic surgery done. I think it should be 21 like drinking age. I can't see me ever doing it to my face. So that would also be a no for down there.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 7:06 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I've never heard of this but this is just crazy!
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 7:38 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• As far as I'm concerned, if it is not broken, then I'm not fixing it!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:41 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• omg I have never heard of this kind of surgery and no I would not do it unless it was for a medical reason
    TiffanyPlew

Answer by TiffanyPlew at 8:36 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yes...I would consider it. I hear there is a procedure that actually enhances female pleasure by about 75% and yes, 16 is way, way to young unless she's having difficulties because her labia is to large or something like that.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:26 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My niece had labiaplasty at 18. It was $1000 and my mom (her grandmother) loaned her the money. Some people may bash for it but she was extreamly self conscious about herself. Her inner labia was rather long and hung lower than normal. She showed me and my sister and mom and it was abnormally long i admit. In her case, she did experiance pain from rubbing and recurrent yeast infections. It was in part for the way it looked, but it did also cause physical symptoms. She is a good girl. she is 20 now, We are very close. She didn't do it to go out and sleep around, she has only had sex once and that was at age 19. So from my experience, It is all about the reasons why they want it done.
    Anonymous