What would you have said or done?

On Thanksgiving Day while visiting with family, my step sister and her family," whom I haven't seen in years" came to see everyone for a few hours. They weren't there for 30 min. before her husband {very outspoken} wanted to make a bet with me! His bet was "he could lose 15 lbs. in 6 mo's and me lose 30lbs. for a thousand dollars! I havent seen them for years and this is what he says to me? I was sooo embarassed I know I need to lose weight but I thought that was so rude. I tried to dodge him fof the first few hours but everytime he saw me he'd bring it up so, I went to my room and stayed there till they left. I still can't believe he did that and I had to miss out on everyone having fun!

anichols1

Asked by anichols1 at 6:35 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I would have told him to f*ck off!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:19 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would have told him that while I might not be HIS ideal weight, my weight was fine to me. I would have also said that while we both might lose weight, he still wouldn't have any class.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:40 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You should have stopped him in his tracks. As loudly as possible I would have said "really...whee are you going to lose the 15lbs from? Between your ears because that's the place I see that you have the most fatty useless flab." and then just walk away.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:25 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You should have said, "Really A**hole?!? We haven't seen your a** in years and this is how you welcome yourself back. I liked it better when your obnoxious a** was gone!"........ What F*CKHEAD!!
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 10:09 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• that was really rude of him but you did the right thing in the long run you were the bigger person because if you would have said something back (like I know I would have) it would have only escalated out of control. I suggest just not dealing with people like that, you know what you need to do but your body and your diet is your business not his or anyone else. Stay Strong I know how dealing with difficult family members can be.
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 11:45 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would have said, very loudly, " Let's make a bet to see how long you can go without making a donkey's behind of yourself. Too late, you lose!!"
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:07 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• wow thats so messed up. but u gotta let him know how that made u feel. i've been there. my husband used to do that to me alot when we first got married. it doesnt matter if u see them everyday, or u've never seen them. its very embarrassing. i would ignore him sometimes. then i told him if u ever do that to me again, i'm gonna embarrass the hell out of you in front of everyone that matters to you. knowing me, he knew i could dig something like that up. my advice is to tell him that too, n if u need to do it, do what u must.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 6:40 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I'd thank him for his concern, look him in the eye, and say I feel embarrassed about this, please stop bringing it up. Then I'd have enjoyed everyone having fun.

Answer by Bmat at 6:44 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• WOW that is so rude. I honestly probably would have done the same thing you did. I would like to think I would tell him what a ass he was being and that MY weight is not for anyone to discuss but I know I would have been shocked. I probably would have went into a room and cried. BUT I do know I would not let it go, I would say something after I had gathered my thoughts.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:56 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would have smacked the crap out of of him
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 7:46 AM on Nov. 29, 2010