Does this ever happen too you?

I lost my voice...again...

I have really bad allergies and sometimes the drainage into the back of my throat causes it too become sore and even feels slightly swollen. It can get so bad that I will literally wake up in the am and have no voice at all. This even with regular allergy meds.

I usually will drink lots of hot tea and suck on thoat lozenges and by noon by voice comes back somewhat, although it's hard to understand me.

This happened when I was a kid too. I remember feeling so sick in the am and the teachers and kids at school thinking there was something wrong with me cause I couldn't talk. It really sucked.

I've never meet anyone with allergies that did this. Does this ever happen to anyone else? On a brighter note, I make a good wife for dh...I have no voice to nag him, LOL

Anonymous5

Asked by Anonymous5 at 6:51 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Health

• This just happened to me a couple of weeks ago while suffering with allergies. The post nasal drip irritated my throat to the point of getting laryngitis. But, I don't experience it that often.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:58 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Usually when I get a sour throat. I will get laryngitis. 

Answer by louise2 at 8:28 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• .¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸when i get a really bad sore throat ..it hasn't happend in a very long time..but i can imagine the kids and hubby love it when it does happen..too bad its been soo long they don't remember..lol
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 9:24 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have mild allergies, they don't cause that, thankfully. *knock on wood* Doesn't sound like much fun!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:33 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Although I do have allergies, this never happens to me.

Answer by older at 9:46 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• it's never happened to me b/c of allergies but it sounds like the drainage is irritating your tonsils. If it becomes an issue I would mention it to your Dr. A simple surgery could cure the problem if that is what it is. I only mention this because of the frequency of your problem. GL!!!
    kissesbymom

Answer by kissesbymom at 10:03 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Sounds to me like you have major sinus problems. You might have to have a doctor drain them for you.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Once on Valentine's Day a few years ago. The funny part is that I did not have a sore throat or fever, just lost my voice.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 29, 2010