How can I find a particular wine from Italy?

I am looking for a certain wine from Italy. I do not know the name of it, but I could recognize the label. I think it is from the northeast region, near Vicenza, but I am not 100% sure on that. Is there a website that shows Italian wines where I could look at the bottle/label? Thanks in Advance?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 6:57 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• OMG I live in Vicenza! I buy alot of my wine from this place http://www.paginegialle.it/enomas

is it white? red? sweet? dry? peppery? alot of people love Moscato its a sweet fizzy white, I love Marzemino and Sangue Di Guida they are sweet fizzy reds.

its hard to say you would know by the label, because each vineyard has their own label. I have gone into a grocery store and found 10 different prosseco's 5 different marzemino, theres dozens of Lambrusco.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:58 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Do you mean Venezia?
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 6:58 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I'd try google or wiki and see if any keywords pop it up
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:00 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• No, but I did misspell it, lol. It should be Vicenza.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 7:03 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I did try to google it. I found some interesting information about wines in Italian but nothing about where you could buy or see the labels or anything like that.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 7:04 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Did you look through goggle images? Quite a few photos of Italian wine labels there.
    MumaSue

Answer by MumaSue at 7:15 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• MamaSue, I have but the problem is that there are so many different wines from Italy, it is like searching for a needle in a haystack. I am trying to find a website that will let me narrow it down a bit by region, color, taste, etc and that shows a picture of the bottle/label.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 7:42 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Do you have a store like BevMo or Total Wine where you could go and browse and ask questions?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 8:38 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Cassie_Kellison, thank you, I will look to see if it is there on the website. It is a sweet red wine and the bottle is either green or brown with a faded yellow label with a drawing a man's face (profile).
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 8:38 AM on Nov. 29, 2010