does anyone know..

the picture your kid(s) take at the mall with Santa, are they copyrighted? i kind of want to scan it onto my computer, send it to walmart and make my greeting cards using that photo. i havent taken them to see Santa yet but this year i'll be having all 3 of my girls sit with him for one photo of them together. if they are prohibited from outside copying i'll have to just snap one in front of our tree.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:06 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Holidays

• Using your own photo is your safest bet. Most times they are copywritten and you are not allowed to reproduce them (it depends on the photographer). Using your own photos you can do what you want. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:15 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• They are normally copyrighted.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 7:30 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• i have 4 boys, so we go every year. we purchase a small package from the photo place, usually around 20-24 dollars, and they, in turn, allow me to take pics with my camera. i get several from several diffrent angles, and usually get better pictures than they do! LOL!!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 8:08 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• It depends on which company takes the pictures. At one of our local malls, the paper you get with the photos say that you are allowed to reproduce them for personal use, the other mall says that you can't. Both allow you to take pictures as long as you buy a package from them though.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:42 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Doesn't matter if it is or not, scan it...crop the copyright off if it has one and do what you want with it. I always thought that was stupid that I couldn't use a picture of me or my family as I saw fit. Oh...I can hear the thumbs down stalkers already....lol
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:22 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yes. It is copywritten.
    And cropping the copywrite logo off is FRAUD.
    Walmart, if they are doing their job wouldn't allow you to print it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:36 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• you should ask the person taking the picture and bring a camera and
    ask you can take a few shots.. good luck
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Ask them when you have the photo taken.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2010