Has anyone ever suffered from hemorrhoids? How to treat them?? adult content

I'm not pregnant and I'm not overweight right now so I think they must've been cause by excess straining or something.

I'm only young (20) and I didn't know hemorrhoids were something that could occur at this age, however here I am with one that is absolutely HUGE. (about the size of a grape) It's been here for 7 days now and I'm using over the counter creams but nothing seems to be helping at all. I don't know if it will go away on its own or not. I rang the doctors but they say they can't fit me in until next thursday at the earliest which taking the mickey to be honest. I don't know how much longer I can put up with the pain, it's literally hellish. Burning, sore, bleeding, aching - everything!

Does anyone have any tips??? How can I treat this??? Will it go away on its own???

Please help ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Health

• Sounds crazy but this works: Take a clove of (preferably) organic garlic, lube it up with some olive oil and stick it in your butt when you lay down tonight, then leave it in overnight. I promise you will feel better in the morning. If it is still a problem repeat the next night or two. Good luck!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 8:28 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Wow - I've had plenty of trouble with them but I have never had one get that big - I can't imagine! Witch hazel helps, but if it's that big...honestly, if you have an urgent care or after-hours place or something I'd go to that today. In the meantime...take stool softeners, eat plenty of fiber and less dairy/meat, up your water intake, when you have to go GO and don't strain, and instead of wiping, step into the shower and clean your self with warm water and gentle soap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You poor baby. Witch hazel, softners, sitz bathes all said by other ladies. Time. All of us have these palups.,but they are inside. When you have a hard bm or give birth or a multitude of things they become inflamed ,it hurts like you described. It will go away but until then live in the hot bath. This sounds horrible but in the bath you may be able to push it back...it will get better promise. I will be thinking about you.
    Michelle xxxooo
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 11:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• you need a donut, not the pastry but a donut seat. they sell them at cvs , walgreens, etc... if you can't find one, i used my boppy from when ihad my son, it relieves the pressure off your butt so you can sit down. mine never bled, but i also used heating pads and cream. if its really bad they may do surger to remove it
    armywife117

Answer by armywife117 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2010