ok another pregnancy test question. My DH told me that it was probably positive because we had intercourse last night a few other questions?

he says that from finishing in me last night that is probably why it is positive he said he didn't think you were supose to test after intercourse (we did it last night I tested this morning at 7). Also I don't drink very often so don't take this wrong or anything I drink probably once a year and I got drunk a couple weeks ago and I was probably pregnant I didn't know it yet. Can that do anything?

Also my belly has been hurting so bad this morning is there anything I can do for that? It feels like a belly ache?

When should I tell my girls?

When should tell family? I am afraid to tell family because they wanted me to get my tubes tied after my first and then second and my grandma keeps telling me to have another one right now. They don't like my DH.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 7:52 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Having sex last night wont make it positive.

It isnt ideal that you drank and have a possibility of being pregnant, but chances are it is OK... but you never know, some woman can have 1 drink while pregnant and it causes problems while another could drink once a day and the baby is fine.

just ride out the belly ache because if you are, you dont know what meds are safe yet...

dont tell anyone until you are sure !
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 7:57 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Ok!!!! Listen to your DH!!! He knows everything, LOL!!!

Answer by louise2 at 8:35 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Wait until you know for sure before telling everyone. And many moms wait for three months to make sure everything is OK before telling anyone. Don't tell your children too early unless they are old enough to understand that 9 months is a long time to wait. Little kids do not understand that well.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:35 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• There is NO way you can get a positive right after having sex. HCG hormone is made by the placenta. This means the egg has already implanted in the uterus. It takes a week for the egg to travel the fallopian tubes and approximately another week to implant and start making the hormone. So minimum two weeks after the fact. As to the family who really cares what they think. They do not have the responsibility of raising the child so their opinion doesn't matter in the least. Tell the girls after the first twelve weeks. The chance of miscarriage drops significantly after twelve weeks. As for the rest of the family use your own judgement. My parents I told right away. my SIL and MIL who wanted me to tie my tubes after the 2nd one weren't told until I had the ultrasound at 20 weeks. They were disgusted and angry. I was rather amused. Guess next time they won't know until they come to visit. LOL There won't be a next time tho.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:33 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• also i understand about being afriead to tell your family... My family always bug me and says things like " you better not be pregnant" ... even though i am a married adult.... but I did have 2 very bad pregnancies and they are afriad the next one will kill me which is why they say that..... and honestly I would be afriad to tell them that I was again lol
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 7:59 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I hate it when families tell grown folks what to do. You will have to develop an 'its my business attitude.'. That will keep their comments from bugging you so bad. But no sex won't cause a false + test. It picks up the hcg hormone which he does not have in his sperm. Lol.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:34 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Having sex last night or even right before you tested wouldn't make it positive..the test only looks for the hcg hormone. As for your family, they will get over it! What you and DH decide to do with your family is your business only =)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:46 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I tied the tubes off after my 4th one. I'll be damned if someone else is going to tell me how many children to have. You can always blame the hormones for any rude/snarky comments. Good Luck!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:35 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Keep testing until you know for sure.
    Don't tell anyone until you are at least 8 - 12 weeks.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:12 PM on Nov. 29, 2010