does this sound doable??

i am trying to start some new traditions in the family. it's me, hubby and 4 boys, plus grandma, pappa and mim at our house for christmas and breakfast is always a big ordeal. i was thinking, make some pancake batter, make pancakes using metal cookie cutters to make the shape, and freezing them for christmas morning. no cooking, something fun, maybe have some green and red sprinckles or something.

do you think it would work??

itzmyzoo

Asked by itzmyzoo at 8:21 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Sounds like a plan!! Don't put the sprinkles on until the day of. Condensation from being in the freezer will make them 'melt.'
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:23 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Experiment in advance to see if the pancakes come out ok and will freeze and thaw ok.

Answer by louise2 at 8:23 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I know a family who froze pancakes for future use. I do not know how they tasted. We always put out an assortment of sweet rolls and coffee cake for that morning with coffee, juice, yogurt. It was fast and easy so we could get to the presents!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:24 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yeah that sounds good and Quiche is easy to make the night before to.

trashymom

Answer by trashymom at 8:25 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• mmm
    bingbong

Answer by bingbong at 8:28 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I often freeze leftover pancakes then reheat them in the toaster oven. It works.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 8:35 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I don't see why not, I think it is a great idea!

Answer by older at 8:45 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Sure, I freeze extra pancakes all the time, but I do agree with PP that you need to leave off the sprinkles until Christmas morning. This year we are doing a breakfast casserole (thank you, hubby) for Christmas morning because I wanted something that would not be overly stressful for the holiday.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:08 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• That could be fun.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:21 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• That would definitely work. I'd hold off on the sprinkles thought. Pancakes freeze and reheat well. Whenever I make pancakes I always make some extra and freeze them for days when we're busy and having a crazy morning.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 9:57 AM on Nov. 29, 2010