What can i do for my son's leg cramps

it seems like almost everynit my 3 yr old is waking up with leg cramps when i rub his leg sometimes i feel a knot in them any ideas and they always happen at nit when he a sleep

dasiey

Asked by dasiey at 8:30 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• rub them...give him some bananas
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:38 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• When the muscle is cramping get is in a stretched position ASAP... once the pain releases you can then massage the area to break up the knot.

Since your muscles work on a sodium-potassium pump system that uses calcium to facilitate the process you need to make sure he is getting enough of all 3 minerals... not just potassium!! Magnesium can also help I have been told, but I can't tell you scientifically why. GL - it stinks when your kids are hurting!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:46 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• He should stand on his legs when he gets a cramp. It usually goes away imediately for me. Poor baby, ask the pediatrician for some advice.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:47 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Take him to the doctor and find out what is causing his leg cramps. Then go with the recommended remedy.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:20 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• i had the same thing when i was small, and they are growing pains, and theres nothing that can be done.
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 1:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I used to have this problem with I was a kid too! I hated it. The only way they would go away once I was woke up by them was to get up and walk around and then rub the heck out of them.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 2:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Maybe have him eat more bananas? That always helped me when I was a kid.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 8:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2010