When should I do a baby registry?

Im 14 weeks and was just wondering when would be a good time to do one?

soon2bmmy

Asked by soon2bmmy at 8:36 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• After 6 months

Answer by louise2 at 8:38 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You can start now if you want, but I wouldn't make it public until 6 months or so.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 8:38 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I started mine at about 6 months, I had people buying me "so glad you're pregnant" gifts :) Babies R Us and Target have a really cool scanning system to register, it's easy to manage online.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:39 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Thanks for the answers. My sister is the manager of a Toys R US so I will get her discount and I think I am going to have to register by myself if I register at Target. My dh got the scanning gun when we were registering for our wedding and he scanned the most expensive things in the store.
    soon2bmmy

Comment by soon2bmmy (original poster) at 8:42 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• After the seven month mark, it's bad luck before that to do any baby planning stuff other than names, etc.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:47 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I created one super early just for fun.. it's hard in the beginning when all you can do is wait lol But definitely don't pass it out to anyone until after 6 months or so. I don't really get superstitious about things so I don't see the problem in looking and planning early in your mind ;)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:50 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would wait, just because stuff goes in and out of style and may not be available in a couple months. I did mine the week before I sent out invites to my baby shower.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:54 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• When someone says they're throwing you a shower.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Nov. 29, 2010