How many days do you eat your Thanksgiving leftovers?

It's going on too many days for me. I draw the line at three days for turkey and five for the rest of the stuff. I still have tons of turkey left and I'm thinking about giving it to the dog...

How long after the Holiday do you eat your leftovers?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 8:48 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Holidays

• I only go three days. I had ham and turkey left over, and I put in in the freezer on Sunday. I threw everything else out. Just not worth the risk of getting sick.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:50 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• We finished the rest of ours on Saturday and I cooked last night. We just had a very small Thanksgiving meal for us around here so I didn't have to deal with left overs for weeks lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:52 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• We finished ours friday. I freeze most of the turkey meat that I know I'm not going to eat.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 8:59 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• we have turkey sandwiches for luches for a few days afterwards and now we have a small ziplock bag left..think i may finish it off today and give some to my mom since she missed turkey day!!
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 9:03 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Everyone kept telling me to freeze the meat, but for some reason I just can't eat it like that. It tastes... funny.
    IhartU

Comment by IhartU (original poster) at 8:51 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Three days. What was left on the turkey I made turkey soup and froze it. That
    way later when I don't feel like cooking. I just heat it up....
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:51 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I didn't cook the whole meal for Thanksgiving, we went to my MIL's and left the dishes I had made when we left (there were still more people coming later in the day) so we didn't have any leftovers to worry about. When I do cook the meal, I will make things like soup and pot pies with the leftover turkey and then freeze those. Once it is made into something the funny freezer taste is not noticeable.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:13 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I usually freeze some and use it in soups and such. But after four or 5 days of eating the same thing I'm done.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:07 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Until its gone.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• 3..... 4 days is pushin it.....
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2010