I hate my in-laws!!!

My bil and his wife. I try to be accommodating, they pick a fight. I try ignoring them, they still pick a fight. We let them decide when they want to do x-mas, they change their minds 6 times and blame me. I have no idea what to do about these people. I have never met such a group of hateful backstabbers in my life!

WHAT WOULD YOU DO???

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 8:51 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Talk to your husband about your feelings and simply DO NOT go to any In-Laws home for the Holidays...
    DO NOT invite them to your house, DO NOT suggest your house...NOTHING!...
    Let them stew in their own problems...
    If they ask you something, or where, when how et... just tell them NO!!! and not just for the Holidays, for
    EVERYTHING, they will get the hint sooner or later, if not, then THEIR loss not yours...a
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:59 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• i would pretend like my husbans is an only child...lol
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 8:54 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• A wise person once told me that there are some people you can just never make happy. So, he told me to stop trying and just what makes me happy.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 9:32 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I dealt with this a few times. After you tire from being angry, you just leave it. I just made my own plans and stuck to them, and didn't worry about them. If they protested, I refused to argue, I simply told them, "sorry you feel that way, but this is what I'm doing"
    After awhile they got the point. Don't explain to them why, because it just turns into an argument. They know what they are doing and why.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:56 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Have Christmas when you want to. If they come, good for them, if the don't, well, good for you. I've wasted too much time trying to get along with my in-laws. I will be nice but not overly accommodating. It's made my life much less stressful. Good Luck!

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:06 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have a douche bag for a SIL... I ignore her for the most part!! But when she pushes... I push back... that usually shuts her up!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:57 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• We have all of our family events at our house, we invite my family and his family. If our date doesn't work for them o'well, but we do not drag the kids out or change our plans because of them. This way his family doesn't upset me and my family doesn't upset him. Most of the time it ends up just being us and we don't mind. Don't let the inlaws bother you make your plans and stick to them.
    TiffanyPlew

Answer by TiffanyPlew at 9:03 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Talk to your dh about it. I would personally ignore them. My BIL and I don't get along (he threatened to hit me then push me down a flight of stairs because I didn't give him the car keys fast enough) so I ignore him. I have a few in-laws that do not exist in my world. If dh wants to have a relationship with them fine, leave me out of it. If they are pick fights and stuff then I say "stay away from me and my family". Seriously there is no need to live with negative people like that around you.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 9:36 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Make the plans and tell them when and where to be. Their choice if they show up.
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 10:06 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You know I would stop rearranging myself...is dinner at your hoyse? Say we are eating at 2...and actually eat. I have in laws like that and I refuse to be thrown off schedule. My mil pushed dinner back an hr on thanksgiving I still ate at 2. I will not be inconvienenced by your dipshit of a son. So sorry. ( yea right)
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 10:07 AM on Nov. 29, 2010