Do you think the Tea-Party will effect the out come of the 2012 elections?

Here in my state the recent elections the Tea-party had a big effect on the way a lot of people voted . I think people are waking up to the fact that the Good Old boys up here in DC are not doing "For The People" but for "Themselves"

witchymomslove

Asked by witchymomslove at 9:03 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I do. I think they will do nothing but continue to grow in strenght and influence. People do not like the path the progressives are taking us on and the more they do the more people will wake up. Well except for the blind and gullible and those who pay no attention. But people are paying attention in record numbers now as well.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:18 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Absolutely! Even if they cannot produce a viable national candidate, they will certainly make Democrats and Republicans, at minimum, fiscally responsible/accountable--which is what this country desperately needs!! IMO a TEA Party backed candidate has been "vetted" and given the "seal of approval!" I think they are successfully "branding" themselves--contrary to what the HANDFUL of very loud but unorganized liberals and progressives think!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:26 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If it keeps up ..absolutey
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:27 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I think it will - they seem to be unafraid of talking about the elephant in the room. Even if they don't necessarily get elected, they ask good questions which get the public thinking out of the box. I hope (believe) that with this viable 3rd party we can get some elected officials in office that will do something for the people they represent.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:50 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I hope (believe) that with this viable 3rd party we can get some elected officials in office that will do something for the people they represent.

They aren't a viable third party. The only hope is for ones that run on the republican party label.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:51 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yes, but not in a good way.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 9:54 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• They affected te 2010 elections, why not the presidential?
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 10:04 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• THey depress me.ANd anger me. The "queen of the Tea Party",Michele Bachann lives in my home state and she is one loony woman. SO....that is one of the reasons I really hope the Tea Party doesn't have any effect .....ugh.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:06 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• she is one loony woman.

Um, and that is different from yourself how?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:13 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• THey depress me.ANd anger me.

***
    Yeah, I can see why people who defend our CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS and hold elected officials to their CAMPAIGN PROMISES would annoy you!! All of those upstanding American citizens must really get your pantaloons in a bunch!! LOL :oP
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:15 AM on Nov. 29, 2010