Does your daughter collect anything?

My soon to be ex-husband wants to start collecting something for our 5yo daughter. Figurines will just get dirty, but he's wanting to start collecting something for her that she will have when shes older. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Maybe coins. I don't know how inetersting that would be for a five year old now. It would be nice when she got older though.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:32 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I wanted to do the collectors barbie dolls for my daughter.. but that seems impossible to me right now since I know the minute she sees it she would want to play with them lol..but she's 3. Maybe it would be a little different than your daughter.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:35 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• i have come up with some neat things I believe and it is all homemade. First I bought a poster board and my daughter whom is 6 loves, loves doing her drawings. I reduce the finished product by 50% on the scanner, print it, then I spray adhesive to the back and clear coat it after with a spray to preserve the coler. We are making a collage over the year and it will be framed artwork for her room. She loves the idea. We are going to do one every year! Another thing is an ongoing art project. We just moved into an old log home so I am going to put a few short peices of log together to make the canvase (her first home is the memory taken from that) Then throughout the years any little treasurs she finds outside in the woods, or on the beach, just anything we are going to secure it to it. She found a golf ball on our property the very first day we moved. That is going on. As she gets older hopefully she will remember the memories.
    elphay

Answer by elphay at 9:38 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I started getting dd jewelry for her first Bday, and every year I get her something. I put it in a jewelry box in my room,(the nice stuff) so she cant mess it up, but she also collects jewelry boxes. They hold all her not so fancy jewerly. SHe also collects rocks/gems, and leaves- that she keeps in albums.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My so has cards of baseball player and some stamps and coins that hes planning to give to the kids i beleive to collect
    20_mama_3

Answer by 20_mama_3 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 30, 2010