HELP!!! My 1.8 year old WIL NOT keep her diaper on at nap or night time!

I walk into my youngest daughters room twice a day to a pee pee or poopy mess!! I think I've tried everything, but could really use some suggestions if you've been here!! My new try was to move her to her toddler bed, which she loves to play on, figured she'd be busy & content at nap time that maybe her diaper would be the last thing on her mind, but instead I walked into a huge poopy mess IN HER BALL TENT and had to throw it out!! Please I need some help!

sweetsillygirls

Asked by sweetsillygirls at 5:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son does that too but does it all the time unless i put shorts or something over it. she might be ready to potty train, i introduced my son to it, he has quit got the hang of it yet but loves sitting there, so try that. good luck.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 6:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Ok, this may sound terrible, but my son does the same thing and this is what we have to do to him. Get some painters tape and tape the diaper to her. Just be careful not to make it too tight or it could cut off the circulation, and make sure its on her diaper and not on her skin. I know it soundsbad, but it's much better than letting her sleep or play in her own urine or feces.
    Anonymous

• Put some extra tape across the front tabs of the diaper. Or put overalls on her. I don't know... good luck with that.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Duct tape over the diaper tabs and put her down in a onsie or other one piece outfit/PJs.

This is fairly common - though yucky!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I've heard a few things--you can put her in a onsie or one-piece pair of pjs. If she can get that off, put the pjs on backward. Also, I've heard of using duct tape over the diaper (of course being careful not to get it on her). Thankfully I've never had that problem, so good luck!
    bluiidmommy

Answer by bluiidmommy at 8:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Try using the Pamper Easy Ups. They do not come off like a normal diaper and my daughter had a harder time getting those off and also make sure you have bottoms or a onsie and make sure that you keep it snapped. Hope this helps and Good Luck!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Give her a baby doll with one of her clean diapers on it, maybe that will help her keep hers on, she will play with the baby dolls.........ya think?
    ProudNana1011

Answer by ProudNana1011 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Try and get her pull ups. And tell her they are big girl diapers.
    NitaD1962

Answer by NitaD1962 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• My daughter did the same thing at that age she is now 2 1/2 but we decided it was time to start potty training, that went really well and she was potty trained by the time she was 2. while she was potty training we had to put shorts on her at bed and nap time to keep her from taking off the diaper. hope this helps.
    momof3blue1pink

Answer by momof3blue1pink at 9:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• LOL...not laughing at you just remembering the same things. I do believe we used duct tape to keep them on.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2008