ok, so flu shot or no flu shot?

so im debating on whether to get the flu shot or not. i am 9 months prego, and i have 5 yr old in kinder. i have ready things that said it is just something to make money on, and is a scam, blah blah blah. i mean, how many times we all had the flu and haven't had any reason for a shot in the arm? i honestly think they make more out of it than they need to just to make money and spread worry and scare in people.
what do you think?

mama2bof2

Asked by mama2bof2 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Health

• My kids have had the flu mist, and my hubby has had the shot as a requirement for his job (military).. but I havent had one and really don't plan on doing it. I have never had a flu shot at all and have also never had the flu (except as a child).. so why change things now? Thats the way I see it
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:41 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I don't think it is necessary either!

Answer by older at 9:42 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• none for us!
    bingbong

Answer by bingbong at 9:43 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My Doctor told me sense I was a diabetic I should get a flu shot every year. Being sick is not good for diabetics.

Answer by louise2 at 9:45 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Not for me, thanks!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:47 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• No shots here, even though we do have some of the health risks that they normally shove the shot on. Here's why: there are many many strains of influenza (influenza and a stomach bug are NOT the same thing!), and every year they take a guess at the few strains that will be more prevalent, and make the vax to cover those few strains. Getting the vax does not mean you won't get influenza, it just means if you get it it will make it shorter lived - and only if you catch a strain that your vax covered! So there is little guarantee that you'd be covered. Plus it does not cover the many many stomach bugs that go around that cause you to vomit and have diarrhea - which is more prevalent than influenza anyway. So - get an expensive, experimental (since it has the new h1n1 vax mixed in now) that likely won't be needed, or go without and likely be fine? Yeah, I choose to go without. I'm not worried.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My Dh (he has MS) and I both get the flu shot but the kids don't
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:53 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• No one in our family will get it.
    Summersmom360

Answer by Summersmom360 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• No ma'am. No flu shots here.
    Vitamin D acts has a preventative. Many people actually get flu infections in the summer months, but never become symptomatic because the Vitamin D production in their bodies is able to prevent the virus from reproducing and actually causing illness.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 10:01 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I used to and would get so sick!!!!!!!!! Unless you work in a school or around alot of children do not get one. Been there and so not worth it....
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 29, 2010