rich people put good stuff out at curbs..yesterday i found

a rug for the livingroom
and a toy-work bench with tools/screws etc all wood
last month i got an outside Step 2 climbing cube

does anyone find good stuff on curdside?
what are some of your finds?

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 10:18 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I live in a very small town. Many people are struggling because of the economy so there is very rarely anything left curbside. I did recently get an almost new rug for $20.00 at a friends yardsale.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:46 PM on Sep. 15, 2011

• I picked up a solid cherry side table that I have in my dining room, and also a fireplace gate a few months ago. Our neighborhood has an email list where we send out a mass email when we are getting rid of stuff and then we just put it out at the curb and hope someone will pick it up.

Answer by missanc at 10:19 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I totally agree with this post. Seriously one mans "trash" is another mans treasure!!! Tables, chairs, toys, appliances. The list goes on...
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 10:26 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• It is AMAZING what people throw out. We found a girl's canopy bedroom set with dresser and mirror. It was a cream color and the mirror did not have an attachment piece. It was also missing the fabric to the canopy. My husband painted it white and trimmed it with purple. He also put new connectors onto the mirror and i found an inexpensive canopy on-line. Her bedroom set is so beautiful for the cost of paint. We later found a desk and chair that we also did the same thing to. I bought purple fabric and remade the chair.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 10:33 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Book shelves, coffee table, desk, lamps. I wont take couches or mattresses because I have no clue what has happened or been done to/on them. I also found what I thought was a cool computer chair. Brought it home and found out why they threw it out lol. (it fell apart when I sat on it, no clue how it stayed together while carrying it, loading it into car and so on)
    But I agree if you comb the nice areas ESPECIALLY when someone is moving you can find some pretty nice stuff.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 10:22 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Awesome finds!

I only see couches on the curb. I'd rather not have a used couch.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Great finds! No, unfortunately, it's be a long, long time since I found anything good. I am usually the one putting the good stuff at the curb! lol! When I moved back in 2005, I put some excellent stuff out there including most of the Disney VHS movies, dumb me.... ugh...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:21 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Score! I never find anything good! Good for you.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:50 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Hey i've found some nice furnature,etc. too...
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 1:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• **redneck warning** we have a thing called spring clean up you can pretty much throw out anything but fridges a/cs or tires. We go ( with friends and trucks) to the rich neighborhoods and wait for them. Someone threw out chainsaws because he no longer wanted them the were like $200 a piece! We've gotten table chairs a dining room suite ( for lack of better word) power wheels ( 3 of them) there was a jewelry box and I checked with the woman - she didn't need that crap ( I did apparently it looks sooo pretty) a oak trimmed mirror. So have patience and be willing to dig you can find a coach purse. My sil begged for it. Since I like her I gave it to her. I woulda sold it to someone else lol
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 11:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2010