He forbid me

I am A SAHM. My husband travels alot ,This week he is out of town for the next 5 days. I told him I was invited to visit my GF (who is married and has one DD my sons age). He started yelling at me and told me no I couldn't - Because he doesn't trust my friend. When he is away on business I KNOW he has lied to me many time about what he is doing. Now here I am want to get out of the house and finally have a little girl time and he is forbidding it. Do I stay home or should I go have a visit with my GF.

momontherun32

Asked by momontherun32 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• Have some girl time. I'd hate to be by myself. I get really scared when I'm alone...
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Your relationship does not sound healthy from both ends.
    You two do not trust eachother at all.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• heck go visit your girlfriend. he is your husband not your father. He needs to respect you. You need to be careful with this man.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• HE FORBID YOU??? LOL. SWEETIE DO YOU. DONT LET HIM HAVE THE UPPER HAND LIKE THAT. YOU ARE A GROWN WOMAN. LET HIM KNOW HE CANT FORBID YOU FROM DOING ANYTHING.
    Anonymous

• i would go.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Dannee
    We definitely have problems, but that wasn't the question.
    momontherun32

Answer by momontherun32 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Go out and have fun. Why stay in the house if he's not going to be there. You should read the question Why do women depend solely on a man.
    ms.busybody

Answer by ms.busybody at 3:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i would not let a man tell me what to do. I think there are problems in your relationship. If you go you will make them worse.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• By all means, go. You're an adult and there's no reason you can't visit your friend. Any man who would forbid me to do something as harmless as that, would find himself single.
    KayLeyWade

Answer by KayLeyWade at 3:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Well, you should consider why he doesn't trust her. If she's into partying and drugs or other illegal stuff and he doesn't want you or your child to get hurt, then don't go. But if he "just doesn't like her" for no real reason, I would say get a lunch date or something.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 6:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2008