Do you think the local religious beliefs affect the amount of paranormal activity an areas sees?

Why or Why Not?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:58 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think it may affect the amount of paranormal activity that the people of an area THINK they see.

As for legitimate paranormal activity, I don't necessarily believe it's affected by the living as much as people tend to believe.

Then again, who knows? It's all a mystery, really.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:19 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Yes... I do!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Since I don't believe in the existence of ghosts, I don't think anything affects the amount of paranormal activity except people's own minds.  I mean no disrespect to people that do believe, I am just stating my opinion =)

asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 11:29 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If people are gullible, they are likely to believe in the imaginary. Religious people are likely to report contact with god(s) and/or demons. Less educated folk tend to see bigfoot/sasquatch/assorted monsters. These are fabrications of overactive imaginations or altered states from drugs.
    MammaG

Answer by MammaG at 12:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I do think the local beliefs effect the amount & KIND of paranormal activity an area sees. But, I think there are several reasons for that.

An area may have a lot of PA & the people in that area have beliefs based on what they have seen. The land it self may be significant or the things that have taken place in the area (on a physical level) can have an effect on the PA. SO the beliefs that develope are based on what has been witnessed.

An area may have people who are naturally "sensitive" to the paranormal or they were raised to have an appreciation or belief in the paranormal, so they are more attuned to it. It could be no more than what most area experience in the way of PA but, the people themselves are just more aware.

An area may have people who don't believe in, or have no sensitivity to PA or haven't experienced any PA. So they aren't aware of what naturally takes place in the area as far as PA.

Then there
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 12:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• people who are really susceptible to suggestion & think they witness things they haven't. Just as there are people who are so rigid they find a way to explain away things they have witnessed.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 12:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• possibly
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:21 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• This is from my Christian point of view.....

I think where there are warriors of God you will have more demonic activity because a person of God is aware of the presence. I believe where there is witchcraft and sorcery there will be more spirits and possibly "paranormal activity", I think it would be more of a presence than anything.

Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I am not be very learned person on this matter and refuse to open up my home to demons...I do know that we are in the presence of angels and demons...God's word tells us that we do not wrestle against flesh and blood but against principalities, agianst powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Ephesians 6:13 The bible speaks of demons and of angels so therefore I do bleieve...If a person opens up their soul I do believe they can be used physically and mentally for evil..A person that is saved can not be..A believer must stay away from demonic activity. magic, witchcraft, sorcery, astrology, and occult practices.
    motherganey5

Answer by motherganey5 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I don't think that it affects how much is there. I think it is there regardless.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2010