What do you say? adult content

Anyone have or ever had a friend that constantly complains about how broke they are..yet you see them constantly spending money on stupid stuff? A friend of mine does this and it drives me crazy. I know it is none of my business, but I feel like she is making it my business by talking to me about her finances so often. I don't know what else to say besides "Oh..well that sucks" but in reality i'd like to say "You could try going to the grocery store and cooking your own meals rather than going through a drive thru once or twice a day."

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I know those people... As soon as they get their checks, its shopping day. They blow it all in a few days on stupid stuff, like drive thru, gadgets, partying...
    LMAO to your reply.. I actually have said a few times when they complain "Damn, that sucks". LOL
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 4:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I like your answer. Why not use it next time she complains to you???
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:03 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have a friend that is like that. She buys crap, like she will waste money trying to collect all the stickers in those quarter machines at the store. Or she will got to Hot Topic and buy magnets and little crap like that. But not pay her bills and let her electricity/gas/phone be turned off. I used to tell her what I thought, but it doesn't really matter. And truth be told, we are not really friends any more because we didn't have much in common. I grew up and learned to be an adult and she'd prefer to act like a juvenile yet.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I satisfy my rude craving around friends or family. My bil has over 4000 dvds but no medicine or thermometer for his kid. Example: last year he didn't get his kid anything for christmas because " I have to pay child support for your ass you should thank god I do". Me: you should thank god that you have a kid that thinks the world of your loser-ness because he's gonna grow up annd see you as a failure. Like I do. He just pisses me off. Has his cigarettes for his and his wifes pack a day each habit but needs food stamps. Bullshit. Absolute bullshit. So you don't have to be as snarky but I get a little burst of sunshine when I do.
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 11:22 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• If it bothers me too much, I will either say something or stop hanging out with them. Life is too short to spend with people who stress you out.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:23 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• OMG I do have a friend just like that, having hard time paying bills but just went out yesterday and spent 139 on a coffee maker. I was telling my hubby that maybe she has more money than she admits and just needs something to bitch about. Who knows whey people do that stuff. I am done listening to the bitching, and now I just change the subject.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have a friend like that. Think about saying it in a kinder way. When she says I'm broke when you're both at a restaurant say, " did you ever stop to think about cooking for yourself if you're having such a problem financially?"
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• i don't think your doing her a favor by keeping it to yourself. maybe she needs someone to point it out to her so that it sinks in that your right and she needs to stop the spending. at least maybe she will stop talking about it. i hate wasteful spending and struggle with that with my husband everyday. he wants a netbook for his bday and xmas but we can't even pay the bills. sure we can put that on our best buy card with 0 interest but i would rather we just pay all our bills and later buy it only if he were to use it for his new bussines which he fancy's starting but doubt it ever will start up. as you can tell i'm frustrated. sorry! good luck with your friend. i would tell her, that's being a good freind. just be nice about it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 29, 2010