is it normal a newborn to have muscus?

My baby boy is a wk old and he's congested at night, I used the round thing that sucks the mucus out, but it comes back fast. Are there any other solution?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son had that too. I swear by the saline drops. My son would literally get chocked because he couldn't breath through his nose. The drops worked like a miracle. We use "little noses"

Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Little noses like conley states. Also, a cool mist humidifier in the room, baby vicks on the feet, and roll up a recieving blanket and put it under the mattress so when you lay him down, he is in a reclined position rather than flat on his back.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:09 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My son had it too. Saline drops, called Little Noses works great and I also have a vicks vapor rub and the humifder as well.
    Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2010