parents holding you together

Has anyone lost touch of siblings after the loss of a parent? I loss my mom last year, she was holding me and my only sister together. Since we have went our seperate ways. I try to call and most of the times she is busy or will talk a minute and tell me she has an incoming call. How far do you go? I know my mom wouldn't want this. It can't do it all on my own though.

arenad

Asked by arenad at 11:06 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Unless your sister is willing to put in the effort as well, I'm sorry to say, but its a lost cause. I have a 27 year old brother that lives about an hour away from me. We havent talked, really, in 6 years. I can call him to remind him it is mom's birthday.. etc, but thats it. He is busy, or something.. Nothing really happened between us, he just wanted to drift away from the family, he is that way with all of us. But he still cmes to Thanksgiving and Christmas and birthdays... So I know the feeling you have of wanting to just keep trying, but some people decide they dont want that.
    Only have people in your life that WANT to be in it.. Thats what I have learned.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 4:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• For some reason or another your sister is avoiding you. Maybe something that happend in the past that she hasn't quite got over and still holding resentment towards you or maybe she's the type of person that has a problem keeping in touch with people, Either way, you should find out...Since its hard trying to get your sister over the phone, how about sending her a letter expressing how you feel? If that doesn't work then let it go and allow her the opportunity to come to you...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:39 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I've seen that happen so many times in families. I was afraid it would happen when my mom died but surprisingly my sister and I are closer. Maybe you could be the new glue that holds the family together

Answer by admckenzie at 12:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2010