13 year old son, too young!

My husband walked in on our 13 year old son receiving oral sex. I really don't know how to handle this at all. He's 13! He looks very young and acts very young normally so I have never even contemplated this. What should I do? (For the record we don't allow him to have girls in his room generally or I supervise but it was the girl from next door who he has known since birth so we weren't on our guard at all) I feel like I've done something wrong, and feel rather physically disgusted. I don't know if that's wrong but yes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• you should keep a special eye out on the girls from his street that hes known soo long...because thats usually who hes gonna loose his virginity to
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• wow what did her mother say about all of that.
    Anonymous

• You need to talk to them both about sex and the consequences of their actions, preganancy, stds, etc. I agree with you, he is WAY too young! No more girls in his room, no matter who they are.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• We have mentioned it to her mother, who is incidentally one of my best friends, and she just told us that she would deal with it. And her face was completely unreadable. I'm worried she thinks that we're the ones that did something wrong, which I suppose is true since we should have kept a closer eye on them.
    Anonymous

• Well I am sorry you had to find out that way..That your son is officially a teen boy.I guess their will be know more girls in his bedroom anymore.Girl next door or not..That probably wasn't the first time it happened though. Time to have the TALK

Answer by louise2 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• You know what they say about the girl next door.
    Anonymous

• What is it with oral sex and teens. This to me is so foreign to what was going on when I was that age and even much older. It is becoming so common and accepted by very young teens. Has it always been this way and I missed it, or what is going on with that.
    Anonymous

• You must have led a very sheltered life. Oral sex has always been the first thing kids try. Scary I agree since my son is almost 13 and he now has three little girls chasing after him. The thing is all the kids in our area know me and the rules I have for my kids. 1-nobody in the house if I am not there. 2-If you are in my home all doors are open. 3-I am very loud if you piss me off the whole neighborhood will know what you have done. #3 has all these kids behaving around me and my kids
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 3:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My thing is, I find it unbelieveable how some parents are just accepting that teens are doin this. I am from part of the generation where they tried to "normalize" it, NAD I WAS NOT ONE OF THEM!! My parents made sure, no.1 we were alone with ANYONE they didn't approve of. No one of the opposite sex was aloud in the house, period, and if they were they were downstairs in the same room as my parents. They always had the talk with us, which helped. Stay on YOUR SON ABOUT THIS!!! Monitor him... To me teenage sex is unacceptable and always will be.
    Anonymous

• I agree that this free sexuality among teens is not acceptable behavior HOWEVER my DS informed me a few weeks ago that oral sex is NOT sex because when he was in grade school President Clinton said so and now oral sex is THIRD BASE!!! I talk to him freely about sex, but that freaked me out when I was a teen-now 35- it was only the "sluts" who would do that, now its "normal"! I think the best we can do is follow the door open policy and talk to them about our personal views/values concerning sex early and often!
    Anonymous