help me fix this! I'm so desperate! adult content

ok. now I'm getting very desperate.

Woke this am with bad allergies and my voice was completely gone.

Took all kinds of allergy meds, drank my weight in hot tea, sucking on lozenges. Nothing helps.

I feel flush, wozzy, my head bugs me, nose running, sore throat, feel like a got a knot in my chest and I feel like I'm literally drowning on my own sinus drainage. It's causing me to gag, choke and cough to the point it now hurts.

No car till dh gets home, can't go to docs anyway - no insurance.

Anyone have Any home remedies to share ? I am so desperate for relief! Help!

Anonymous5

Asked by Anonymous5 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Health

• Do you have any ginger? Mix some ginger in hot water and drink it like a tea. Ginger helps to ward off illnesses, plus it makes your throat feel better.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:13 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Do you have a vaporizer. Get in a hot steamy bath or shower.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:16 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Well if I took "all kinds of allergy meds" I would feel like crap too. If you have an infection, no allergy meds are going to help. Too much hot tea can have a negative affect, swelling your throat etc. Rest as much as you can, stay hydrated, and you should start feeling better in a few days. If you don't, you'll have to go to the doctor, insurance or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I am all about a hot totty and a warm bed. Get some Thearflu and whisky (we usually use jack or crown) mix half theraflu in hot water and half whisky, and then go to be. You will feel better in about 6 to 8 hours. My grandmother swore by shots of Hot damn. (We are not alcoholics...lol we are country folk that swear by our grandparents remedies...lol just had to clarify.)

Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Boil some water in a pan,and get a towel put in over your head and breathe in the steam.Weird but it helps.But be careful.
    froggiemac

Answer by froggiemac at 11:23 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Have DH call the local pharmacy and see what they recommend.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 29, 2010