Were you moved? Did you cry during the Acceptance Speech? How do you feel?

I thought the speech was wonderful, very moving, and very patriotic. I found myself fighting the tears and feeling uplifted. I had goose bumps everywhere when the official announcement sounded. This is history. I am looking forward being a part of this new era in the United States of America. The world has hope again. How did you feel?

akhlass

Asked by akhlass at 3:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• no, he did not say anything tangible. told me nothing i did not already know... i cried during McCains speech though.
    Anonymous

• tears of joy ...history was made .......
    Anonymous

• I cried for the future of this country, and what God must be thinking of this great land created under His name.

I cried for that poor unborn souls who will never see the light of day

I cried for my husband who has worked his ass off to earn a decent living, that will be dipped into

I cried for alot of different reasons...
    Anonymous

• No i did not get moved to tears by it. I thought it was a gracious speech and he eloquently touched on the historic aspect of his election. I was moved to tears by McCains speech. Just because I felt that he genuinely has such heartfelt love for this country. Not that I agree or disagree with his policies but I couldn't help be touched by his graciousness and true patriotic loyalty and love. I think he is an extraordinarily honorable man and carried himself that way in defeat.
    Anonymous

• I was moved a little by BO's speech but didn't cry. I wanted to cry during JM's speech though because you could sense his disappointment. And even though I voted for BO, I couldn't help but to be taken back by JM's speech. I felt that the way he handled and carried himself as he spoke should be commended because he showed great character and strength for someone who ran such a great campaign and didn't win.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• No I didn't cry. Obama has just been pouring honey in our ears for the last 2 years. He just says what he has to in order to get what he wants.. you'll see.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 3:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I felt nervous that he was going to get shot by some Klan member.
    Emmoney

Answer by Emmoney at 3:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Oh,, and to the pp who cried for the unborn...why arent you crying for all the innocent children who have died in Iraq in a war that McCain fully supports? Are they just collateral damage?

Its not like McCain could have or would have ended abortion anyways!!!! Bush is pro-life and guess what? Abortion is still legal!
    Emmoney

Answer by Emmoney at 3:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Yes, I cried! I was moved and relieved and excited all at once! I am SO happy that he won, and so hopeful for our future right now!!
    Elyssa414

Answer by Elyssa414 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Its sad that the kids in Iraq get killed, but most of them are attcking our soldiers. Do you really think that BO is gonna pull our troops from Iraq? Hahahaha....thats funny. You dont even know what will happen to our world if we leave Iraq hi and dry. Maybe you could express your concern when BO turns us against Israel.
    prettymommyap07

Answer by prettymommyap07 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2008