putting my 4 month old down for naps or to bed

My 4 month old son has a lot of trouble falling asleep for his naps during the day and also at night (although it is a little less trouble). Do you think it's normal that I still have to rock and sing to him to get him to fall asleep at 4 months? How do you put your baby to sleep?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Totally normal at 4 months.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:20 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• He is only 4 months old. Yes, that is normal. I still rock my 3 and a half year old to sleep some nights.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I would be surprised if you *didn't* have to rock/sing/nurse him to sleep. I rocked/nursed my older son to sleep until he was 2 and my baby is 20 months and still nursing to sleep (he never needed rocking).
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:45 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I lay my 4 month old down in her crib while she's awake, but I've been doing it since birth so she never got used to being rocked, nursed, etc. to sleep. She goes right to sleep.

Answer by missanc at 1:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2010