Reading Program?

Has any of you moms tried the reading program you see on tv? You know where you see a little one reading a flash card. If so does it work? Im intrested for my baby.

wowiemommy

Asked by wowiemommy at 11:37 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Personally, I wouldn't buy it. Teach your child phonics and they will be a better reader, rather than teaching memorization. jmo
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 11:41 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Have seen a show were they investigated this and it turned out to only be memorization not actual reading
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 11:41 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• i havent tried it but I have heard it is only memorization so it doesnt help the baby read any earlier. I think a baby can learn all they need to learn by interaction and play at an early age. Fostering a love of reading is more important at 5 to 10 yrs old in my opinion. At the early age they just need to be able to follow a story and appreciate a good story. Read together often and pick alot of fun stories. They will get a love of wanting to read/hear a story from a book so they can use their imaginantion instead of watching a movie.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 29, 2010