How do I make my house look 'christmasy' without a tree?

I have the ugliest fake tree.... I hater fake trees and my hubby says no real trees because his mom is allergic to cut wood. Plus my 2 yr old has been into things so I really don't want to deal with it this year, but I strill looke Christmasy :) Any suggestions?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Holidays

• Put a shitload of lights and ornaments on your ugly tree.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:49 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Hang lights,garland and cutouts on the windows. I do that,it looks great!!! Let me know what u decide.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:49 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• one of my favorite things to do is take all the pictures off the wall and wrap them like presents then hang them back up.
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 11:50 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Nice language ballewal!!!! U kiss your kids with that mouth!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:50 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• lots of lights, garland and a few Christmas decorations. You can also make a "tree" with Christmas lights on the wall. You take the string of lights and make the shape of the tree on the wall.

They also make beautiful artificial trees now if you wanted to buy a new one. This is our first year without a real tree, and when I sent pictures, no one could tell it wasn't a real tree. The bonus is that I can re use it next year.

You can also do lots of candles in Christmas Colors, and scented pine cones in pretty glass jars or vases
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 11:52 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Use a color such as red or green and accent with that color everywhere in your home. Put out place mats or a table cloth, add some throw pillows and a throw. They also have a some wall decor out this year, similar to those clings.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:52 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My sis has a really ugly fake tree, but once it was decked out with lights, ornaments and candy canes we did not notice the 'ugly' tree we noticed the 'pretty' decorations instead. If you don't want to put up a tree then I would do what the others have said, decorate up the house-- put lights up, wall decorations, window clings, scented candles, wrap up pictures and hang them back up, use decorative/festive throw pillows, decorative tablescapes......
    I would check out craft sites, Martha Stewart and Sandra Lee sites as well for ideas on how to decorate and make the house festive.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• ok thanks mamas, I will try and put something together :)
    Precious333

Comment by Precious333 (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I love greenery - garlands, mini trees and wreaths. All fake, off course.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 1:02 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I agree with ballewal! Put on tons of decorations then buy pretty wide wired ribbon and wrap it all around the tree! I have so many decorations on my tree that you can't even really see the tree underneath. Also buy fake garland and wrap it with lights & swag it around.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2010