Did you believe that an African American would become president, ever?

Yes, I did.. And I believe that it is possible for everyone.. God willing, our country will begin a new era of change. As a mother of a bi-racial child (just like Barack Obama) and the wife of an African American. I am sooooooo happy for everyone! This is a day of celebration and hope for all Americans and for the world!
I heard this question asked to alot of people last night and today. Tell us your answer. Ask you parents and let us know what they tell you.

akhlass

Asked by akhlass at 3:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• he isnt african american, hes bi-racial get it straight.
    Anonymous

• yes we knew that the time has come thank god obama
    Anonymous

• I never thought about it. I don't choose a candidate for the color of their skin, I choose them for the content of their character. But then again, I didn't vote for Obama due to the lack of 'content'.
    Anonymous

• Yes I Did! It really makes me proud to be an American! And shows how far we have come in just 50 short years!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I never had any doubt that our country would elect a president with a mixed ethnicity one day, and I fully support it!

But, I never in a million years expected for that to be the reason WHY he was elected. It's just so sad when a man's skin color makes a difference either way!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 3:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I knew it was definitely possible, but I never could have imagined when I was twelve years old (the year Bush was first elected) that our next president would be bi-racial. It never even ran through my mind. And I'm very proud to be a young mom of a bi-racial child and a young American right now. I know the fight for total equality is FAR from over...but this one milestone is a huge step in the right direction =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• A Black American of African ancestry. This is the definition of African American.
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 3:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i have nothing aginst him being black i think its cool that he has don it but it is all for the wrong reason and he will up taxes for the middle class and i am middle class and i have 5 kids and do foster care so it not ok to me up it for the "rich people " this is how i get to raise my kids my husband works his ass of for our money it would be better to just be a lazy ass and be on welfer and be poor. and raise my kids that way at least i would get heating assenstance and food stamps and medical. i mean come on. and by the way i am not rasest i have kids that are bi-racial
    Anonymous

• I don't care what color our president is. I would feel the same as I do right now even if the pres. elect was asian, native american, or hispanic. I care about what a man stands for.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 3:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• It always amazed me that this country has never had anything other than a white male! 'Bout time! (that's not why I voted for him, of course), but I am happy to see this turning point in our history! What blew me away was when all these people were calling him a "Muslim" (as if it were true, AND as if it were an insult!) and I kept thinking, who cares? What does religion have to do with being president?? I think it will be a great day when a non-christian gets elected.
    Anonymous