B-day party for kids

My son is turning 10 this Wednedsday and we are having the party on Saturday. I have a few ideas, but still looking for more.
We would like to do something inexpensive, maybe a project made out of recycled materials, minimum messiness, and number of required materials. There will be both boys and girls at the party.
Ideas and links to websites will be greatly appreciated.
Also, if you know a funky kind of foods that is kid tested and approved, please share, I will be thankful for ever.

BeaMoore

Asked by BeaMoore at 11:56 AM on Nov. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• funky food? hmmm... consider frogs legs. most stores, even small town ones, either have them or can quickly order them. they aren't anymore expensive than chicken and the vast majority of kids have never had them before. I live in Northern Minnesota and there's a restaurant here that I bought a case from for about $16 as a neat thing to snack on for a party we had this Summer.... my kids went crazy. I decorated w/ raisins (to look like flies)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:59 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• another good funky party food is getting dough from a pizza parlor and letting the kids spin/toss/throw their own dough for mini pizzas (sweet or savory, cheesy or fruity...... dough is versatile and can be snack, entree, sweet, etc) have a dough twirling contest, best Italian accent, etc etc. Kids love to touch & interact with their meals.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:01 PM on Nov. 29, 2010