What are some of the best teething home remedies that are out there besides baby orajel?

momof2redhedz

Asked by momof2redhedz at 12:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can use Camilia drops, which are great. Hyland's teething tablets were recalled because there is belladonna in them, but the levels are really low, and people use belladonna with their kids often. We used them, and we really liked them. If your baby is at least 6 months old, you can use frozen grapes in a mesh feeder (to prevent choking). Really, any frozen food (within reason) could work for this. DS LOVED the frozen grapes, and the ice helped his gums. Be aware that chunks of frozen waffles can be broken off, posing a choking hazard. The frozen washcloth can be good. Bumpy teething toys like this are good.

It looks like Hylands also makes a teething gel. It has many of (cont)

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I found out alot of pacifiers can be squeezed and suck in water then I would freeze them he liked it because it didn't make his hands cold like alot of teethers. Just be carefull after so long it can wear the nipple out
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 12:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I used to give my boys frozen teething biscuits. I bought organic teething biscuits they were nice and thick, and I would store them in the freezer. Then pull them out one at a time as needed. My boys loved to chew on them and they lasted a long time.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• take a washcloth and run it under cold tap water, poke your finger in it to make a cone shape and freeze.

also depending on babies age frozen waffles are LOVELY.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• i use to use a rubber tigger toy my son loved chewing on it
    mommyfitzgerald

Answer by mommyfitzgerald at 12:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• We used "water bottle" ice tobes wrapped in wet washcloths... and natural teething liquid, which is mostly chamomile extract to help with the pain.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:09 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• cont
    the same ingredients as the teething tablets.
    musicpisces

• teething tablets are AWESOME!! Just about every single mom I know has recommended them to me (without even knowing the other moms) My doctor actually told me about them. She said you can o.d. your child on baby orajel but the teething tablets are homeopathic and work wonders. Also, they have these mesh containers that you can put frozen fruit in and they can just suck on them without worrying about them chocking.
    baboluchi56

Answer by baboluchi56 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Baltic amber teething necklaces are the BEST... nothing works as well.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:17 AM on Nov. 30, 2010