What age did you switch from formula to milk??

What age did you switch from formula to milk?? She just turned 11 months old...anxious to start saving the money....just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i went from breastmilk to milk at 12 months. She self-weaned at 11 months but I had enough stored to go another month.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• We never 'switched' to milk - I breastfed until 20 months and milk was offered after a year, from a cup, just like juice and water - a little here and there. It was never considered a part of baby's diet.

DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 12:21 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• 6 months old, my son at that age had a full mouth of teeth and was biting nipples off. We switched to sippy cups and milk. My mom was very poor and milk was way cheaper I did OK so I figured my son would be fine. He is and loves milk to this day he is 17 healthy and happy.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My kids were on whole milk by the time they were one year old. Starting when they were 11 months old we gave them an 8 ounce bottles that had 6 ounces formula and 2 ounces milk rhe first week. The second week the bottles had 4 ounces formula and 4 ounces milk in them. The third week the bottles had 6 ounces milk and 2 ounces formula in them and the fourth week they had 8 ounces of whole milk in them.
    Joyzap2003

Answer by Joyzap2003 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My son was 12 months when he switched from formula in a bottle to a vitamin d milk in a sippy cup.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• We offer my dd a little milk here and there in a sippy cup, 2-3 oz, just like we do water. She's almost 11 months old. It doesn't seem to give her any problems, but she is fighting a tummy bug so we are cutting out the whole milk for a few days to make sure that doesn't make it worse. Whole milk makes her have more frequent BM's, which is normally ok since she is almost always constipated.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• My son was exactly 12 months, I did start weaning if off formula by putting less in his bottle, I did 1/2 mik and 1/2 formula. And eventually I just stopped giving formula shortly after he was 12 months. Now, the transition has been less bottles. He drinks everything liquid in sippy cup, except his night bottle. Slowly were moving out of that phase.
    Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Both of my kids were 11 months.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:22 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Started switching at 10 months. She was on strictly whole milk by 12 months.
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Switched to whole milk at 12 months
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 2:44 PM on Nov. 30, 2010